Every year my Mom has a holiday brunch, sometime after Christmas and around the New Year. It's a fun tradition and the food is always sooooo good! It seemed a bit quiet and empty this year as Shawn, Kristen and their kids were not with us. We missed you guys. It's just not the same without you! We still managed to have a nice time though!! Thanks Mom & Dad!
My mom decorates her fireplace and mantel so pretty. Every year she has her Santa & sleigh and ever since Claire has been a baby I've gotten pictures of the girls in or around the sleigh! It makes the cutest pictures!



Grandma McDowell with the girls!
Anna & Grandma
This is actually the ONLY family picture we got during the holidays. I love it though!! As Ben says, "All you need is one good one!"
Claire & Caroline loved sitting at the picnic table by themselves. Scott made up one plate that they shared and they thoroughly enjoyed being big girls. They are so funny together! Claire now says "Caroline Grace is my cousin". It's so sweet!
Monday, January 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it that your mom saved some cool things from when you were little to share with her grand kids. It is SOOOOOO special!
BRUNCH is my absolute favorite meal!
We love LG's Christmas brunch. It's always so good, and we look forward to the family time each year! It was so cute watching the girls "read" with Nuna!
What great pictures, Michele, at your parents' house. The fireplace background is so perfect for getting pictures. I have always loved that Santa and sleigh that your mom has by the front door. You know that I love seeing Claire and Caroline playing together. There is something about the two of them that just tickles me. "Two peas in a pod" kinda of thing!!!!
I need to dig through our basement and I will find things that Gretchen and Heather had as kids. I've got their table and chairs set up for Caroline to play on. Last time she was here (while her mommy had the bad flu), I found an old phone and she played office. You know I consider family times the BEST TIMES! Thanks for sharing.
~ Grammy Barb
Post a Comment