This post is dedicated to my Dad! I felt so bad when I realized that I had NO pictures of my Dad at Christmas (and other times, too). It got me thinking a bit. The reason my Dad isn't in a lot of pictures is because he is a "doer". By this I mean, he is the one that is always cleaning the kitchen after we eat or running errands (to get some ingredient that we forgot at the store) or picking up/dropping off family members that can't drive so they can be apart of our festivities and the list goes on and on! My Dad is the most selfless, humble, nicest and generous person I have ever met. He is also one of the most intelligent people I know. My brothers & I always joked that our Dad was the human dictionary. He is very knowledgeable about almost everything! He truly could have been anything he wanted. He chose a profession in education. Monetary gain or status has never been a concern for him. He actually chose one of the lowest paying professions, but he wanted to make a difference in the lives of kids. He works as a teacher in an inner city school and is, many times, the only positive male figure a lot of these kids will ever see. I am fairly certain my Dad wouldn't want me to write this and this really isn't for anyone, but my girls. I want them to have documentation of their grandfather. They are fortunate enough to have two of the nicest grandfather's in the world! Both Ben & I were blessed with Godly, loving father's and we are so thankful for them!
I love you Dad! You gave me self confidence as a young girl that has given me security as a young women. So much of who I am today, is most certainly due to my relationship with you! Thank you!!
I love you Dad! You gave me self confidence as a young girl that has given me security as a young women. So much of who I am today, is most certainly due to my relationship with you! Thank you!!
Isn't it true that behind every good man is a GREAT women? I don't want to leave out my Mom! I'll have a post for the other grandparents, too!

7 comments:
Michele, great job on this post about your dad...I am sure he will love it! A wonderful father is priceless!
What a wonderful post Michele! Dad's are often left out but we know what a HUGE part of our lives they are!
MINE is a GEM too! We are blessed.
This is wonderful post for your Dad! Gary is a great guy! Dad's don't always get the credit they deserve. I don't know what I'd do without my father...I feel so blessed to have such a great dad too (and of course our mom's!)!
You wrote a beautiful tribute to your father. It is so important to do these kind of communications with your parents, because you never know when it might be too late. I know because I lost my father at the young age of 61. He knew from my sister and I, that we loved him so much. But when my dad died, my brother told my mom that he had never told my dad that he loved him. It was a shock for me to hear this because my dad was close to my brother as well as my sister and myself. I would make copies of your words you wrote and give a copy to your father now. It will mean so much to him. ~ Barb
LOVE the black and white polka dots! SO cute.
Thanks Jill! I went through like TEN backgrounds before I found "just the right one"!! So fun!!!
Yea ur right Michelle.But, when im YOUNG and SMART like grampa,i might give him a run for the human dictionary.Tell the girls i say hi.Tell Nuna and PAPA that to when you see them.
Post a Comment