Tuesday, February 09, 2010

V-Day Party

So... what do you do when you're snowed in with two little girls a couple days before Valentine's Day??? You have a Valentine's Day party! Today the girls and I made Valentine's Cookies, made a Valentine's craft and played games! We had so much fun!! I truly enjoy this time with my sweet girls. I understand that this undivided time with them is fleeting, so we try and make the very most of it!
I LOVE their cheesy smiles! This is one of my new favorite pics of them!!

Mixing the ingredients for our cookies (and a little sampling, too!).

They love using the rolling pin and they're pretty good!

Using the heart shaped cookie cutters!

While the cookies were baking, I taught the girls the fine art of doing dishes! Hey, if you make it into an exiting water game, you can make even chores a fun activity!

Icing the cookies!

Red sprinkles!! FUN and messy! (Notice we made one cookie for Sophie in a dog bone shape per Claire's request! So sweet!!).

Great times with my girls!

Valentine's Day craft! Lots of hearts involved!!!

2 comments:

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

Such a fun day. You are a great mommy to these precious girls. I can tell because they are so happy!!!!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

FUN! And all the sprinkles and SUGAR just make it better!!
Love the cheesy grins!

OH! AND, your new background! SO CUTE.