Grammy brought out her grandmother's doll the other night for Claire to look at. The doll is over 100 years old and Sue has had it since the kids were younger. She is such a neat doll with ceramic hands and face. Claire was very intrigued by her. She kept trying to touch her face and smiled constantly at her. She even waved to her a couple times. I think Claire was waiting for some sort of response from the doll! It was really cute! Ben said he remembers as a boy thinking the doll was like Chuckie from the horror movies and was afraid she would come to life and kill his family. She is a little on the spooky side with her thick, dark painted eyebrows! She didn't seem to scare Claire though!



I found a couple pictures with Claire and Grammy & Grandpa's Maltese Mandy. They had to put Mandy to sleep yesterday after 14 years of companionship. She was truly the sweetest dog ever. She was such a good girl and a huge part of the Cutting family. Ben and I hadn't been dating long when they got Mandy. She has always been around. She will definitely be missed. Mandy will always be in our hearts...
Grammy bought this cute Maltese outfit for Claire so we had to get some pictures of Claire in her outfit with Mandy. I'm so glad we did!
4 comments:
Cute pictures of Claire smiling! I agree, though, the doll is a little spooky. However, I'm sure she was the "it" thing back during the day! What a neat thing to treasure!
I'm so sorry to hear about Mandy. I cried when I heard about it...the pain is still very raw and at the surface. I understand completely what the Cuttings are going through right now! When I'm emotionally ready, I'll be posting pictures of Sasha...when I can do it and not completely cry!
That doll was a little freaky when I first looked at it. I is nice to have things to pass down through generations. So sorry to hear about Mandy she had a nice long life.
I have to agree that even the side view of the doll is a little scary...but Claire looks like she is talking to her.
I can't imagine how hard it must have been to have a dog that long and make that decision. What a sweet picture of her with Claire! They will always cherish that picture!
That is neat that Ben's mom has that doll. What a neat treasure of the past! Glad Claire wanted to make friends with her!
Post a Comment