In the beginning of March, Anna received her quilt from Great Grandma McDowell. If you remember, Claire also received a quilt from Grandma and she had her picture taken on her quilt every month for the first year. Anna didn't get hers until she was about two and a half months old because my Grandma got started a little late and also her arthritis has worsened since she made Claire's 18 months ago. I didn't care when we got it, I'm just thankful she was able to make one for Anna. I know it is a lot of hard, tedious work for her, but there is truly nothing she could have purchased for us that I would rather have in place of this quilt. I know Claire and Anna both will treasure this handmade gift for all time! I love the fact they will always have a piece of her with them and maybe some day they can pass it on to their kids! Thanks Grandma! We LOVE the quilts!
Grandma McDowell & Anna with her new quilt!
Claire was not very cooperative with the picture taking!
Claire & Anna on Anna's quilt!
A very rare picture of Anna... she's crying!! I thought it was cute though and you all can see a different side to her than the usual Miss Smiley!


3 comments:
What a PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS gift those quilts are!!!! I could cry just looking at them and then of your grandmother WITH the girls WITH the quilts! Priceless!!
I love Anna's quilt! It turned out great! It really is so special & there is nothing like a gift that comes from the heart! Grandma does a wonderful job! I completely agree with you...I'm so thrilled Caroline has hers and I can't wait to see the one for Baby Girl! There are just some things that will always mean so much! How neat that the girls will always have theirs and they can pass them on to their children...a pricelss family heirloom!
Well, first I must comment on the fact that Anna does really cry once in a while!!!! So she isn't that perfect baby I thought you and Ben had received!!!???!!! Just kidding! She still is so cute with all her pink and the crying face.
The quilts that Grandma Helen has made for the girls are priceless gifts of love. With every stitch goes love and affection. Helen is blessed to be able to make these wonderful quilts and fill her time with a product of love for her great-grandchildren.
P.S. Helen you look very beautiful in your pictures.
Love ~ Barb
Post a Comment