Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great Grandparents

My girls are fortunate enough to have four of their great grandparents living! These are just a few our recent pictures with them! We TRULY enjoy our time with them!!!
Claire having a very serious conversation with her Grandpa Shepherd!

Claire, Anna & Papa Shepherd

This chair has been in the Shepherd family for over 100 years. Grandpa Shepherd had pictures taken in this chair as a child!

The girls with their Papa Stephens!

He brings out the "silly" in almost everyone! He just has that affect on people!

Anna pointing at Papa Stephens eye (more like poking his eye out!).

Anna giving Nanny Grey a hug! (I would've taken more pictures with Nanny Grey, but she didn't want any taken... I snuck this one!!).

The girls and I had the pleasure of spending the day with my Grandma McDowell on her 82nd birthday! Since my Grandpa died almost a decade ago, she doesn't really have anyone to do something special for her on her birthday. We brought her a cookie cake, a plant, a gift, a balloon and a card that Claire made for her! It was a special day!


The girls helping Grandma pick tomatoes off her plant!

A very sweet and spontaneous birthday hug for Grandma!!

Grandma teaching Anna how to blow bubbles!
This time with our great grandparents is priceless and I honestly wouldn't trade our time with them for ANYTHING!!!!

2 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

What a blessing to have great grandparents. One set of mine were living until I was a teen. A TRUE blessing although I did NOT know it at the time!

Anonymous said...

my kids were fortunate to have three of their great grandparents until two years ago, I love that they treasure and still seek out time to enjoy with their remaining great grandmother, time passes much too quickly and I am greatful that they have learned to appreciate what many others cannot.
Pam