Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Chipmunk

To make a long story short... we found a baby chipmunk in our backyard that was clearly sick or injured. I put him down his hole, but within a couple hours he was back on patio and seemed even slower and sicker at this point. Being the crazy animal lover that I am, I couldn't just let him die in the pouring rain so we decided to go get help for the sweet baby!C'mon now... have you seen anything cuter? Really, be honest? He was one of the cutest things I have ever laid my hands on and so very sweet! Ben & I had been watching him for the last couple weeks in our backyard so we grew quite attached to the little guy.

The girls were beyond fascinated with the little creature. They were truly worried about him.

I love that my girls learned a valuable lesson about taking care of innocent animals in need. I think it's a wonderful thing to teach your children. What a better way than this hands on experience!

No comments: