Monday, December 11, 2006

A Family Christmas

On Saturday evening Ben's mom had the McDowell side of the family over after our church's Christmas program. Last year we did the same thing and that was when we told both of our families that I was pregnant! Everyone was hoping for another announcement from us this year, but they were disappointed when the only "announcement" from us was that I WAS NOT pregnant! Anyway... we had a great time and of course Heather and I had to get more Claire & Caroline pictures. After a long day that was the last thing they wanted to do. They were not happy at all, but they were so cute, both decked out in their Christmas dresses and berets! Hopefully they'll catch on soon that their mommy's aren't going to stop taking pictures of them!!!

Uncle Shawn holding Claire as her older cousins watch on!!



Claire was enthralled with the lighted Christmas package!



Grammy holding the book I gave both Grandma's last year when we broke the good news! It's called The Gifts of being Grand. I wrapped it up and told them I had an early Christmas gift for them to open. Inside I had a picture of Claire's first ultrasound. Needless to say, everyone was ecstatic!


Here the girls were just on edge... the unhappiness has only just begun!

2 comments:

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

This is such cute blog! The girls are adorable...some day they might get used to their crazy picture-taking moms! It WAS fun thinking about the exciting news you shared with us last year! Scott and I wondered if there would be another announcement???? I'm glad there wasn't, just because Scott said we then have to stay caught up with you and have another baby too! Yikes!!!

The Vachas said...

Poor little girls...it did look like torture. I noticed instantly how much happier Claire was once you took her dress off. They were so adorable together. Great Post!