Saturday, May 12, 2007

Furry Skurry 2007

Today we went to the Furry Skurry at Riverscape and walked 3 miles along the river! The walk benefited The Humane Society of Greater Dayton. We try to go every year to support the Humane Society... a cause very dear to my heart! I love to support any sort of animal welfare charity! TEAM Greyhound had a booth there so we were able to show off our beautiful Greyhound to lots of interested people. It was a wonderful way to get the word out about Greyhound rescue & adoption! What a pretty day for a walk and there was an excellent turn out for a great cause! We LOVE animals!!!

Sophie stopping off at one of the many cooling stations during the 3 mile walk!


Family Picture!!


Sophie cooling down after the walk in one of the baby pools! Molly is the black lab in the other pool and she belongs to Pam, a friend and co-worker in the NICU! It was nice seeing friends!

We found Sophie's long lost twin! Actually... we started talking and realized the Sophie and her look alike "Crackles" have the same father. No wonder they look so much alike! It's a small Greyhound world!


Oh my goodness... look at these sweet puppies that are up for adoption! They were SO cute. You just wanted to take them all home! Claire loved looking at all the doggies! She is definitely a dog lover like her mamma!!



Ben was able to catch up with a friend he worked with!

Daddy & his girls!

3 comments:

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

What a beautiful morning for this event! All of the puppies and dogs are so cute! I love the picture of Sophie in the baby pool! She looks very relaxed!

Anonymous said...

A very nice event for a super charity. I'm so glad I wasn't there to see those puppies... I can't resist them. I just want to take them all home so they have a good home and family to live with each day. What a "sap" I am and certainly not in my "right mind"!!!
Barb

kendall harris said...

That looks like fun. Your picture is on the Dayton Daily Newspaper web site with Pam Shaw and her family.