Sunday was a very special day for us. We dedicated Anna to the Lord at church. It was a great way to celebrate Mother's Day. Also, last Mother's Day was when we told our family we were pregnant with Anna, so it seemed fitting that we had her dedicated then!
As I mentioned when we dedicated Claire, baby dedication is similar to the Catholics christening of babies. At our church it is more for the parents than the babies though. The church prays for the parents that they raise their children to grow in the knowledge and truth of the Lord. Please pray for us that we can teach & lead Anna to know and understand the love our Lord has for her and that one day she will give her heart to Jesus! That is truly my hearts prayer for her.
Most of our family was able to come to witness the special event and after church we went out to eat to celebrate. Thanks to those that were there to support us and Anna! I will post more close up pictures of Anna with her beautiful gown Grammy bought for her when I take her 5 month quilt pictures next week!
Mommy & Daddy with Anna. Anna is wearing the hat that Grammy made for her. It is actually two hankies she stitched together to make a little hat. When she gets married she is suppose to clip the stitches so she can have a hankie to take down the aisle with her. The other hankie is for me (I'm sure I will need it, too!). How special is that? Grammy wrote Anna a beautiful note to explain the hat. This is something I know Anna will always treasure!
Our family!
I felt bad I didn't get a picture of Papa with Anna and this is the only picture I have of him!
Anna's cake and the insert from the church bulletin.
The cake was beautiful and delicious! It has the verse that we picked out for Anna. Psalm 139:14 I am fearfully and wonderfully made. We also put this verse on her baby announcement.

Nuna, Mommy & Claire
Nuna, Papa & Anna
Grammy & Anna
Great Grandma McDowell & Anna
Aunt Beth & Anna
My very good friend, Deanna and her husband Brian had their adorable baby Olivia dedicated as well. Landon is the proud big brother! Aren't they a beautiful family!
I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank both of our mother's for all they do for us. They are both always willing to babysit, dog sit, or do just about anything we ask of them. You both are very selfless women and I know a lot of times we don't take the time to let you know how much we love you and appreciate all you do for us. THANK YOU and we love you so much!! Happy Mother's Day!
4 comments:
In case you all dont know,I came up with the name Nuna.
Anna and Claire look cute, cant wait to see them.
Ahhh... we love you Connor and we can't wait to see you, too! You are such a sweet, sweet boy. We MISS you!!
It was a special and beautiful day for the Cutting family. Anna looked so sweet. Grandma Sue's idea about the "hat" and how to use it when Anna gets married is wonderful. I had not heard of that idea before. Thanks for the lovely cake, Sue.
May God continue to bless Anna.
~ Barb ~
I just heard about the hanky hat for dedication/christening and then save it for the wedding. Here is the poem that goes along with that tradition to explain it. Love LOVE the pictures!!!!! The girls are growing much too quickly!!!
"I am a little bonnet
as cute as cute can be.
Would you ever guess a
hanky I used to be?
I can be worn home
from the hospital,
Then again on Christening Day.
You can then neatly fold
me and keep me for the Wedding Day.
Every bride must wear
something old - so you can
clip a stitch or two and
a wedding hanky will unfold.
If by chance it is a boy.
on the day he is wed,
I can be presented to his bride
won't she be proud to use -
the bonnet he wore upon his head."
Post a Comment