Monday, June 07, 2010

Pottery 2 Paint

All five of us girls went to a pottery shop on our rainy day to make souvenirs. It was a great indoor activity and Claire & Anna loved it! We all had fun and were able to make some really neat things to take home to remember our time on Emerald Isle!
The name of the cute, little store was 'Pottery 2 Paint'. It'd only been open for 3 weeks!
Both girls chose to paint a piggy bank! Grammy was helping Anna paint her piggy!

Claire is our little artist! She really enjoys any sort of craft, especially if it includes paint!

Adding purple & green polka dots to her piggy!


Aunt Beth made a really cool bowl, I made a platter and Grammy made a spoon rest!


So intent on her piggy project!

Taking a second to stand back and admire her masterpiece!

The finished products... after the platter and piggies were glazed and sanded! I LOVE our souvenirs! I had the girls put their handprints on the platter and it turned out so cute!

The girls' piggy banks! They are adorable and they both love them! Claire said to me that every time she sees her bank she thinks of the beach! So sweet!

2 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love to paint pottery too! What a wonderful activity!

The Vachas said...

Great idea! We have been wanting to do that too. You guys made some wonderful memories.