Thursday, February 17, 2011

Willow the Stray

What can I say? I am a magnet for stray or needy animals. I have been since I was little (just ask my parents!). I can't even count how many animals I have picked up over the years. I just cannot say "NO" to an animal in need, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to others.
So, that being said... meet Willow the stray! Claire actually named her several minutes after I ran out in traffic to get this sweet baby. She almost got hit twice, right before my very eyes. I had to rescue her and I am so thankful I did. She is honestly one of the sweetest animals I have ever met. She is playful, but not hyper, affectionate, cuddly, and housebroken! God love her little heart. It was supposed to get into single digits the night I picked her up. She doesn't have much fat and I shudder to think what may have been her fate that cold, bitter night. I am so thankful the Lord allowed me to find her!
I would've named her 'Yoda'. Haha!

It truly broke my heart to witness a starving animal. She literally inhaled her food. So sad.

I love how she found the sun spots in our living room!

She was a perfect family pet. So wonderful with Claire & Anna!

Claire bawled when Willow left. She is definitely my daughter.
I love that my girls are being exposed to helping animals in need!

Exhausted after playing with her new toy!

Willow loved Sophie and Soph was very tolerant!
Please pray for our sweet Willow. My neighbors are deciding whether to keep her... she is safe and healthy, but needs a FOREVER home!

No comments: