Monday, February 05, 2007

First Time in the Nursery

Yesterday Claire went to the church nursery for the very first time. I have never left her with anyone but family. I have been putting this off for a while and every week Ben says, "we really need to put her in the nursery". I just didn't want to cut the cord. For some reason in my head I felt like I was letting go a little. Ben always says that parenting is "one hand pulling in and the other hand pushing out". I guess he's right! When I sent Claire to the nursery it was the one hand pushing out, but just a little!!! Claire did great! She loved playing with the other babies! She didn't even pay attention as I left and was happy as can be. I kept waiting for her number to flash on the little screen in the sanctuary (that means... come get your baby, she's out of control!). I was ready & waiting to run to her rescue, but she was fine! I feel like a momma bird pushing my little baby out of the nest so she can learn how to fly!!!




6 comments:

The Vachas said...

What a big girl, not quite like the first day of kindergarden was it? Landon will be joining the nursery very soon. As soon as cold a flu season are over. I still have 2 hands pulling. =) Poor little guy, he doesn't have a chance except to be a Mamma's boy.

The Fam said...

So glad you had fun in the nursery Claire! You look like a little social butterfly sitting there in the middle of the room with all the babies. Landon would do fine in nursery with Claire to look after him :)

The Seekins Family said...

Just wait a little longer...Noah knows about nursery now and can't wait to get there! I think it is good for them, but we also go to a much smaller church than you guys. Claire looks like she had a great time!

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

What a big girl step for Claire! It was a pretty big step for Mommy too!:):) I'm so glad she did great!

Tami said...

Letting go is never easy. Mom,You are doing a great job. I bet she was so excited to see you afterwards. I loved to see the little ones feet kick as they were passed back to the parents after church.

Anonymous said...

Michele.... I think that was really terrific that Claire made it the whole time in the nursery without you. A big step... a big accomplishment....for both of you!!!! When she gets older (like in the two's, she might not want to let go so easily.... that's when they are more aware of that separation anxiety from Mommy). But, a good Sunday for Claire and Mommy (and Ben, too).
Grammy Barb