Friday, July 27, 2007

9th Anniversary

On Wednesday, July 25th, Ben and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. In a lot of ways it seems like we have been married longer than 9 years. We started dating when we were 16 years old so we have been together almost half of our lives. I can't remember life before Ben was in it! We were fortunate enough to find each other at a young age and we are an example of a "high school sweetheart" success story! Ben is such a wonderful and attentive husband and father. I couldn't ask for a better partner to have in life. He takes great care of his family and anyone that knows him, knows he is a hard worker and excellent at what he does! Thanks babe, for 9 years of fun, traveling, just being together and the most recent (& best) chapter in our life... parenthood! I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else! I love you, Happy Anniversary!!

Prom 1994
Look at that hair! That is some BIG hair & I have braces. Look at how skinny Ben is in this picture, he almost looks sick! It is amazing what 13 years can do!


This is the Christmas after we got engaged. Ben proposed on September 5, 1997 in Cincinnati on a horse drawn carriage ride! A lot less hair for me (and the only time in my life when I had bangs... not good!) and Ben has definitely gained a few pounds!

Our wedding day... July 25, 1998 at the Dayton Art Institute. It was a beautiful July day, mid 70's with big, billowing clouds and just perfect!


Tonight we celebrated our anniversary by going to the new steakhouse, Flemings, at The Greene. It was DELICIOUS and we highly recommend it! This picture was taken before we left for dinner.


Our family!!!




8 comments:

kendall harris said...

Happy Anniversary Ben & Michele. What a cute story to tell your children.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog to do about your lives together over the past years! I enjoyed reading and seeing your history of your relationship. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Not many high-school sweethearts make it to marriage. So congratulations.
"A Belated Happy Anniversary"

From: Barb, Kurt, and Gretchen

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! We remember your wedding vividly!! Absolutely beautiful. Love your blog - what a wonderful way to keep up with you guys.

Hugs,

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Happy Anniversary you two! These are great pictures to show your history together from the beginning until now. You are so lucky you met in high school and have been able to spend half your lives together!!! How neat that you were high school sweethearts! Congratulations!

The Seekins Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow! 9 years! I loved seeing the "old" pictures! The progression is so sweet and it's cool to see the changes!

The Vachas said...

Happy Anniverary you two. You are a great couple. Ilove this post and travel back in time. =)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Love all the photos over the years...we wish you MANY, MANY, MANY more wonderful years together!!

The Abrahams said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are so funny:) I wish you many more years of happiness!