When Sophie is inside we take her collar off a lot of times (she is microchiped, too!), because the tags on the collar are noisy. Well, recently Claire has shown a GREAT interest in Sophie's collar. So much so she wants the collar clipped on her. She is able to get it around her neck and she literally whines until I clip it together. Once it is on she smiles and goes about her business of playing. When I try to take it off she begins to whine or even cry. The only way she is okay with me taking it off is if we put it on Sophie immediately. Sometimes I really think Claire believes she is canine. We are always taking dog kibble out of her mouth and she thinks it is so much fun to play in Sophie's water bowl. She adores Sophie and hugs her and "talks" sweet to her constantly. She is always saying "hi" to Sophie in a very high pitched baby talk. It is pretty cute to watch the two of them interact! When Maddie died I prayed God would lead us to just the right dog for our family. I was pregnant with Claire and knew we needed a very sweet and gentle dog. We had a lot of people praying for a wonderful family pet and the Lord definitely answered our prayers when He gave us Sophie! She is the quintessential gentle dog and Claire wants to be JUST LIKE HER!!!
DISCLAIMER: Claire is supervised by an adult at all times when the collar is on!






6 comments:
What a cute post!! Sophie really is the perfect dog for your family. She has been so good to Claire since she was a baby! What great buds they are!
That is so cute! I love that she loves Sophie so much. It cracks me up that she insists on wearing Sophie's collar. I hope Claire is feeling better. :(
Too cute! I love Claire's "necklace"...how nice of Sophie to share her neck jewelery. Claire is definitely a dog lover, and Sophie is such a sweet girl too! They will always be so close!
What an adorable story of a child and their dog. It is so funny that Claire wants to wear Sophie's collar and yet she knows it belongs back on Sophie. Every child should grow up with a loving, sweet dog.
Do you still write to the inmate that helped Sophie back to a normal life. If you do stay in touch, how happy and proud he must be at preparing Sophie for you.
Barb
So cute...we love our doggie too. Grace is home sick today and she loves to watch animal planet. We watched a special on Grey Hounds today and it reminded me of Sophie. Claire has a companion for life with Sophie.
What a riot and how cute!!!! Who knows, Claire may be a trend setter!
Post a Comment