Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's a GIRL!

Today I had my 4D ultrasound and we were keeping our fingers crossed that our baby would be a little less modest so we could find out if we were going to have a little boy or girl. Well, we got our wish because as soon as the tech started scanning me she said "Oh, this is DEFINITELY a girl!". I really thought she was still getting things calibrated on her computer when she announced the news. I was shocked she could tell so quickly, but the tech said the baby had her legs wide open. The funny thing is she kept her little knees together for the rest of the ultrasound so we caught her right in the nick of time!! We had a great time getting a sneak peak of our girl. My parents, Ben's parents and my nieces Lauren & Jillian went with us and then we went out to eat to MiMi's Cafe afterward. It's so nice just knowing so we can really start planning and getting things prepared! We didn't care one way or the other... just praying for a healthy, happy baby! So far she looks very healthy!!!


Our family at the restaurant after the ultrasound! I am holding a picture of our newest girl and a onesie from Grammy that says "Little Sister"!


How cute am I???


Look at her little hand by her face! So sweet!


Maybe if I hide they will go away?

These people don't give up easily! I guess I'll give them a cute shot of me!!! (Her little lips are purced and mouth open!)

8 comments:

The Vachas said...

Too cute! She looks so skinny. It is amazing how much they grow at the end of the pregnancy. I am very happy that she finally gave you a sneak peak. Didn't we all really know she was a girl already anyway? :)

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

I agree, we knew she was a girl, or at least that's what we were thinking from your last ultrasound! YEAH! We're so happy for you! Congratulations!!!! She is such a cutie, and yes, she does look thin. That 4 week difference between Claire's 30 week ultrasound to this little one is definitely obvious!

We can't wait to meet you Baby Girl Cutting (hopefully, you'll have a name soon and we can begin calling you that!)!

Anonymous said...

How fun....another girl!! Especially with how close in age Claire and her new sister will be. I am so glad you were able to find out the sex of the baby. And the pics of her are just amazing. Can't wait to hear what you pick for a name. We'll have to get together soon.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

A great big CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks for the phone call and all the info you shared with me, Michele. I am so excited that you and Ben now know. It is very helpful, I believe, to find out the sex so you can plan and think through all that is ahead.

Claire is going to have a big sister. WOW! What fun to plan now for two little girls ( I should know, although, my girls were not that close together in age and they turned out to be good friends.)

Enjoy each day and moment with Claire, because your life will change forever when the "new little one" arrives. All for the good... but now your time, energy, and love will be on two instead of just sweet Claire.

My best wishes in the weeks ahead,
Barb H.

The Seekins Family said...

So amazing! The pictures are just so incredible!! Glad you were able to find out & congrats on another girl! It will be so fun for you to have two girls so close in age!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cuttings on the news about your new little one!!:) How exciting to be having another little girl. Claire will just love having a little sister and they will be the best of friends. There is nothing better than sisterly love and friendship. I can't wait to meet the new addition to the family. I'm so excited for you all.
~Gretchen~

Jeni said...

Hi Michele!!
How fun for Claire! Congratulations on another baby girl. That ultrasound pic is really amazing.

Jeni

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

SO VERY, VERY exciting! We cannot wait to meet the newest member of the family! She will be here before we know it!!