The other day I was in the car and heard a song by Martina McBride called "In My Daughter's Eyes". I have listened to this song in the past, but I'm pretty sure it was before I had Claire. Hearing it again after having two daughter's was emotional for me. I love the lyrics... they are just so true! Life is so different when you are a mother and you look at life through your child's eyes. Your views and perspectives TOTALLY change. I love how it has changed me. Being a mother has made me a better person, more loving and compassionate. I am so thankful God allowed me to have two beautiful little girls. I thank Him everyday for the gift of motherhood. It is the best gift imaginable! To watch the video of Martina singing this song click on this link...
In My Daughter's Eyes
In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes
Everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light
And the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I'm weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes
And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart
Has had enough
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future
A reflection of who I am
And what we'll be
And though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone
I hope you'll see
How happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes
How happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

2 comments:
That is a beautiful song. I feel the same way about Landon. I am sure Olivia will only bring those words closer to my heart. Our children truly are blessings in our lives. It is an awesome love that they bring into our lives. You really do have to wonder how such little people can make us see our big world so differently.
Great post! That is such a beautiful song, and the perspective does completely change once you are a mother (especially to daughters!) I can't believe Scott and I have another little girl on the way...two daughters to love and cherish!
I completely agree with what Deanna said. It's truly amazing how such little beings have the most profound impact on our lives! There is nothing better than being a mother!!!
Post a Comment