I am a little late posting this... Deanna & Heather have had this blogged for a while! Anyway, we took the kids to Boonshoft (one of our favorite places) to see the special exhibit of Crunch, the oldest Alligator Snapping Turtle. He is 150-200 years old and weighs 165 lbs. On average, these turtles gain about 1 pound a year, which is how they approximate his age. It was so neat to see such an old creature. I think the Mommies were more intrigued with Crunch than the kids. He wasn't a very lively animal, but my goodness... he's like 200 years old!!!
Wow... so impressive. Definitely not the prettiest creature alive, but fascinating nonetheless!
Claire was more interested in this little box turtle than Crunch!!
The turtle in this picture is a 9 years old Alligator Snapping Turtle and about 9 pounds. His name is Crumb!
Having fun digging for fossils!
Landon & Caroline liked playing with the microscope. Claire... well, not so much!!
Claire coaxed Landon into giving her a hug. Poor boy! He is surrounded by affectionate little girls! He puts up with a lot!!
I think by far, this silly truck is the group favorite at the museum!! Aren't they adorable!?!?

6 comments:
Thanks so much for inviting us to Boonshoft! It's always such a fun time. There is always something (actually, many things) for the kids to do!
They were so cute! I loved watching them interact and play! What a great day!
Thanks again!:)
I love the truck picture and the picture of little Olivia. We had a lot of fun. I can't wait to get together again.
Good for you three Mommies; taking the time to take the kids to the museum for some fun and education. I love seeing what the children did while they were there. A wonderful place for all children to visit. All the pictures that you Moms took and posted on your blogs are so cute. Lucky little children!
~ Barb ~ (Caroline's Grammy)
CUTE!
Oh and I'm not talking about the turtle.
Oh and I'm not talking about the turtle.
Post a Comment