Claire has been going to AWANA (Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed) at church for a several weeks now. She is in the Puggles class which is for 2 year olds. She really seems to enjoy it and is learning a lot... more than I thought actually! Last night as I was praying with Claire and usually at the end of the prayer she says "AMEN" very emphatically. When I didn't hear her say this, I looked up and she was doing a sign (refer to the last picture below). I asked, "what are you doing?". She said "Amen", while doing the sign and then she said "Puggles". It was so very sweet! In the back of my mind I was wondering if she was correct in her sign language, so I looked it up and sure enough... she was doing the sign exactly right! I can't believe how quickly she is learning and it warms my heart that she is picking up so many things at church! AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
Claire, unfortunately, is cursed with the McDowell sweet tooth! She really enjoys snack time anywhere she goes!!
The ASL sign for Amen that Claire taught me!
3 comments:
Great program for children. Heather and Gretchen went when they were that age at our church in Springfield. I'm so glad they offer Puggles at Patterson Park. The two girls together just make me laugh when I see them together. That can be trouble as we know!!!! Claire does love her food! It is wonderful that at this early age she is learning great things from Puggles.
How sweet! I love it! Puggles and Sunday school have such an impact on the girls! The other day, one of the many when we were without power, Caroline found a napkin (a decorative one in my china cabinet, so it was different than what we noramlly use) and said, "Napkin for snack time at church Puggles." She sat at the coffee table and had me put her snack on it. However, she only wanted to do it so she could pray beforehand. She didn't even want the snack, especially since it wasn't too long after breakfast! I guess she just wanted to pray and it wasn't dinner or before her nap or bed, when we normally do!
Those are the moments that put everything into perspective, and it was a great reminder for me as I was going a little crazy without the power.
What a great post!
Claire is so cute! Doesn't it just warm your heart and thrill you to know that they are learning about God at such a young age while they are such little sponges. I think we will never know the full extent of what is soaking in for them right now.
Post a Comment