Well... Claire had her first official haircut today! I've whacked at her bangs and her hair a couple times, but she definitely needed a good haircut! When her hair was wet, it went past the middle of her back. She has some body in her hair, so when it's dry it doesn't look as long. I talked it up for a couple days and she was actually excited about it! I don't usually use bribery with Claire, but I told her if she sat still she could have some of my gum and candy. She did really well and about half way through she got a sucker to distract her. I took her to Whitney, the stylist who has done my hair for several years. Whitney has a three year old daughter so she was excellent with Claire. She did an amazing job, too! She spent over a half hour on her cut and it is so cute. It's an inverted bob cut. It really makes Claire look so much older to me. My baby is getting so big!
Claire and Miss Whitney before the fun began!
Claire showing off her red sucker! Whitney let her pick the color she wanted!
A picture from behind of her new "doo"!
Aren't these the cutest pictures of Claire & Whitney!!
She looks so much older!

11 comments:
What a good girl to sit still so long! Claire looks so cute, and she does look older! She could easliy pass for 3 or even a young 4.
My friend Gina's little girl has her hair in a short cut too (a little shorter than Claire's) and it's darling as well. It definitely gives them a more mature look. My mom just asked last weekend about when I was going to get Caroline's hair cut for the first time, and I can't imagine Caroline sitting still long enough to get her hair completely cut. Marci did my hair yesterday and she said they're are a lot of tricks to use with little kids. I don't know, we'll see when the time comes! :)
Anyway, very cute pictures!!!
Oh, I meant to ask if you kept some of her hair? Her first sweet locks of hair to add to her memory box!
Oh, my, my! The first haircut for Claire! She looks so different and so much older now. It's amazing what a haircut can do for all of us! It sounds like she was such a GOOD GIRL while being patient enough to sit still for the cut. It really looks cute on her.... a new Claire!!!! Oh, what will Daddy and the Grandparents think of their new little girl who now looks like she is 4 years old. What another big milestone for you, Michele. Where did that baby go?
It is a coincidence that I was recently talking to Heather about getting Caroline's hair trimmed. She just wasn't sure if Caroline would sit still to have a cut. You know Caroline and her strong will.
So I know that Heather will soon have to give "this experience" a try with Caroline, too.
Tell Claire that Grammy Barb saw her pictures and really likes her pretty hair! She is a big girl. ~ Grammy Barb
I keep looking at Claire's pictures of her new haircut.... how proud she is of herself. Just darling.... she looks so sweet in the last photo. ~ Barb
Wow! That's a lot of hair! Does she miss it? It looks really cute that way!
LOVE the CUT!!!!! How cute and grown up she looks!
LOVE LOVE THE HAIRCUT!!!!!!
OH MY GOODNESS! OH MY GOODNESS! That adorable cut makes her look SO old!!
It is a wonderful new do!
Oh Michele, Claire's hair looks so cute. I guess Ben can retire the metal paper clips he chose to use instead of bows. Do you miss it? I can't wait to see her.
Oh, my goodness...she looks ADORABLE! Cute cut :)
Claire is absolutely adorable!! The new haircut makes her look so different! Was it hard to go for it? I always think it would be harder to go for the first haircut with a girl!
Post a Comment