The Greyt Greyhound Gathering is an annual get together for adopted retired racing Greyhounds held at Sharon Woods. There are upwards of 300 Greyhounds that attend. We hadn't been there in years. Actually, the last time we went, Maddie was with us. It was fun to return and see some of the Greyhounds and their families that we know. It was kind of sad for me too, because we took Maddie many times, so there were a lot of "Maddie" memories for me. Anyway, it was a pretty day and we had a fun time petting the dogs and chatting with fellow Greyhound lovers!
I really enjoyed talking to other Greyhound lovers!
Some of the Greyhounds available for adoption. There are thousands of these beautiful, gentle creatures waiting for loving homes... please consider adding one of these sweet dogs to your family!
We went to the gathering right after early service at church, so Claire was really tired and ready for a nap!
A quick family picture! They never turn out like you hope!

4 comments:
I am crying as I remember your loss. And I would love to adopt one of those beautiful doggies! I don't know if Dora Mae is ready for more competition. She's done well with the girls....but????
I love looking at all the beautiful greyhounds! What a wonderful event! That picture of Sohpie's twin...WOW, it looks just like her!
I know this was so hard without Maddie! I can only imagine doing something like this without Sasha, but you're helping such a good cause that will save greyhounds AND give a family a true companion, one that will always be loyal and loving!!!
My heart "bleeds" for those dogs who are waiting for a loving human being to adopt them and take them home.
That's why I could not work at an animal shelter.
Sounds like a great day for all of you. ~ Grammy Barb
Oh, I am such a SUCKER I had to go look at the rescue! I would have a sea of animals if I could!!!!!
Post a Comment