Monday, October 27, 2008

An Eternal Perspective

I hate to make people feel like they have to vote a certain way in a presidential election (politics don't always mix well with friends and family!!), but I feel obligated to say that as a Christian, I don't feel there is an option on which man I will vote for next Tuesday. John McCain has my support solely based on the moral issues. Although, I don't agree with his platform 100%, on the matters that are most important me, I am in agreement with him.
I am attaching a link to a blog called "The Eternal Perspectives" blog by author Randy Alcorn. If you have a little bit of time to read this I think you will be challenged, as I was, to get the word out about voting on the eternal issues in this election.
I've worked in a Neonatal Intensive Care setting for over a decade now. In that time I have witnessed and taken care of infants that were born almost 5 months early and weigh under a pound. These babies do LIVE and they become beautiful children. Senator Obama has stated, with his voting record, that it is okay to kill babies even into the third trimester. He has voted numerous times to lift a ban in Illinois on late term abortions. How can we, in good conscious, vote for a man that thinks this is okay. We HAVE to be the voice for the voiceless babies. We have to protect the unborn. It isn't an option...
How can God bless our nation if we elect a man that has no value for the unborn, that supports the legalized murder of innocent babies???
Don't forget to be their voice with your vote on Tuesday, November 4th.
The link to Randy Alcorns blog...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michele for a timely and important reminder!

Sue

Cindiep said...

You are so right! We must take our faith to the voting booth!

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Scott and I completely agree. We have been reading some of Alcorn's things lately, and we feel so strongly about this. I know I put this on your FB, but I have to say again that I'm voting from my heart based on this issue alone. I always do because every child has the RIGHT TO LIVE! I want someone to lead our country who values the rights of the unborn! I might not agree with 100% of a politician's platform, but a candidate can not be "real and good" unless he is PROLIFE! When I vote, I'm defined by my faith...I'm a Christian first and foremost! Truly, Alcorn states it so eloquently!

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Also, thanks again for sharing this! I was so glad to see it on Scott's profile, and then on yours too. I put it on my FB profile in hopes of spreading the word. Let's get this message out there!

Becky Branch-Bullard said...

Awesome.

Jen said...

I gave your blog an award, so stop by my blog and pick it up.

Abortion makes me so sad because a majority of people that find out they are having a Down syndrome child choose to terminate the pregnancy. I could not imagine life without Emmaline and her smiling face. She couldn't be more perfect in our eyes (or God's). Thanks for sharing!

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!! Someone told me to vote with my brain, not my heart!!! They cannot be separated!!!! On the social issues, alone, I have to vote with the party which represents my basic beliefs!!!!!!