Thursday, November 20, 2008

BLOCKS!

In the last couple months Claire has really gotten into building blocks. She has always really enjoyed stacking things, especially wooden blocks. Her stacking record is now 17 one inch wooden blocks! She spends long periods of time building towers or houses... even castles! She is quite creative in her architectural designs!! Ben & I both enjoy helping her with this fun activity!!

Funny face!! What a silly girl!


In the midst of her masterpiece!


Quite an elaborate structure, huh!?!


It now appears that Anna's sole purpose in life is to knock Claire's towers over. This does not make her big sister very happy. I'm confident that Claire's response only adds to the excitement for Anna... uh oohhh!! Have the wars begun?

3 comments:

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

A definite architect in the making...future builder at work! Great job Claire!!! Love your tower!

Anonymous said...

I ditto Heather's comments. That was exactly what I was thinking as I looked at Claire building the block tower. "You go girl!" ..... Oh, my... then a little sister comes along and spoils all my hard work and my masterpiece! That's what happens, Mommy, when the little one can start to crawl and get around!!!! Kids, aren't they fun??? :)~ Grammy Barb

The Seekins Family said...

Isn't it neat to see them develop in their play and wonder what they will become! I just love to see the diversity of what strikes each child as a fun way to play! Claire looks so adorable and proud of herself in these pictures!