Let me just start out by saying... I MISS SUMMER! Yes, I really do. The thoughts of being stranded in the house this winter makes me want to cry. I loved spring & summer (and even most of the fall) when we could just go outside anytime and swing and take walks and go to the park or the pool. Although, I can appreciate all four seasons, I just wish that winter didn't last half the year. AND... it does in Ohio. YUCK! Snow is fine around Christmas, but then I've had enough. I should've been born in San Diego!! Here's hoping for a mild and very quick winter. Is it only November?????
Anyway... we got quite a dusting of snow today. We did venture out this morning for Claire's paint class at the rec, but we've just been hanging out in the house. Claire has asked several times to go outside. It'll be better to take her out in the snow when it's freezing. Right now it's just kind of wet and muddy. Sophie was a mess when she came in from her 30 second pottie break. Poor dog with no body fat!! The cold is hard on Greyhounds, too!
Anyway... we got quite a dusting of snow today. We did venture out this morning for Claire's paint class at the rec, but we've just been hanging out in the house. Claire has asked several times to go outside. It'll be better to take her out in the snow when it's freezing. Right now it's just kind of wet and muddy. Sophie was a mess when she came in from her 30 second pottie break. Poor dog with no body fat!! The cold is hard on Greyhounds, too!
Pictures of the dusting in our front yard. It was pretty...

5 comments:
I love your stories on this blog! The snow, the cold, winter coming, (ugh),the little painter with the silly, big smile, and last but not least, Anna. Wouldn't you know, when they know Mommy is busy, they will attempt something new. So glad she didn't hurt herself, but instead was so proud! At least, she didn't get Sophie in the tub with her!!!! Cute.
~ Grammy Barb
I agree...I'm not ready for winter. The snow was pretty, and Caroline watching it fall, and it really began to feel like the beginning of the Christmas season, but we always do have such long winters. I love heading outside with the girls or being able to open the windows for fresh air. We do a lot on our screen porch and it took all last week for Caroline to completely grasp the concept that we can't play, do art projects, or eat lunch outside right now!
Okay, that Anna story is too funny! When you mentioned her interest in the toilet bowl, I laughed. I don't know if you remember Caroline doing that same thing. She was around 9-10 months and trying to get into the toilet. Anyway, more similarities between our girls....such monkeys! They have a very adventurous spirit! Watch out!
Too tired and writing so fast, but it should be..."they have adventurous spirits!" I didn't want to delete the whole thing and write it over.:)
I promise I am not stalking you! I found you on Jen Curley's blog and thought I would check you out. Stop by my blog to learn what's going on with us. See you tonight.
It cracks me up that Claire went and played in the tub and you ran to grab the camera!
Post a Comment