Sunday, June 07, 2009

Surgery Scare

Thank you to all of those that prayed for my Dad Saturday. He was in the ER with appendicitis and had surgery Saturday afternoon. My Mom & I were at the hospital for the surgery and we were surprised at the length of time it was taking. Well... the surgery ended up being more involved than just an appendectomy. He had a small bowel perforation that had to be repaired as well. Thankfully, he had a great surgeon that explored more than just the appendix and found the perforation. I know that everything went so smoothly because he had many, many people praying for him! We pray to the Great Physician!!! Claire was VERY concerned about her Papa and asked me often if he was okay. It was really sweet!

My Dad ended up in Virginia Kettering's suite at KMC! It was very lavish!!! Just look at the pillar!

Relaxing in the very nice hospital room (not usual for a hospital room!).

There's Mr. VIP himself! I still can't believe how good he looked so soon after a major surgery! Such an answer to prayer!

Trying to give you a picture at just how large this suite really is! CRAZY!

2 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

SO glad your Dad did well...I was grateful for FACEBOOK as I could keep up with what was going on!!
I hope he will feel SO MUCH BETTER overall after he recuperates!

Wonderful hospital room...much easier to feel better in a spacious, home-like environment!

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

Great news that Gary is doing so well!!!!! Had no idea since I've given facebook up for a time. Hopefully this resolve some other issues, maybe??!!!! Yeah Gary, he is a strong, strong man!!!!!