Friday, April 20, 2007

Reading Time

We have quite an extensive collection of books! I actually started buying books for my future children when Ben & I were first married. Ben put together a bookcase in Claire's room for some of her books. They all don't fit in there! Everyday, multiple times a day, Claire pulls half of her books out of the case and looks at them! I read to her a lot and have since she was a newborn. She loves to flip the pages and loves the textured books or the ones with flaps! It's so cute to see her get so excited about books!









3 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Your timing is PERFECT...it is National library week...you are raising a reader!
"Come together at the library!"!

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that Claire likes her books. It is great to start little children off so early with books. I see it all the time.... Kdg. students who don't have a love for books or a desire to try to learn to read. We are doing the same with Caroline! Reading with mommy or daddy is a great bonding time. Caroline loves all her books too. When the girls get older they can meet on Saturdays at the library and read books together. That will be fun!
Barb

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

I just love these book pictures! Good job, Mommy, reading is so important! It really is critical to read to children from the time they are a newborn and even while they're in the womb! Being a teacher, I see so many children that have not been read to, and it really has a negative impact. Plus, you can never have too many books! I know my collection of children's literature began long ago, before I even met Scott. It's a good thing I have them now since Caroline loves her books too!

Jill, way to go...not many people besides teachers and librarians know it's National Library Week!