Friday, November 14, 2008

Funny Claire-isms!

This post is really for my benefit. I know most people don't really care about the silly things kids say (especially when the kids aren't your own!). I just don't want to forget these funny things!!
As Anna has become more verbal in the last couple months, Claire has started doing a lot of "baby talk". I've noticed this especially when she is being disciplined and I ask her a question, she responds in gibber jabber. Ben and I really get on her about not talking baby talk. We tell her that she is a big girl and she needs to talk like a big girl. Well anyway... last week my mom took some video of her and asked Claire what her name is and she said "Ga Ga". Now when she's being silly and someone asks her what her name is she says "Ga Ga". So, yesterday she said my name is Ga Ga and baby Anna's name is Gu Gu. I thought that was so silly and didn't really think much about it until today when she started doing the whole "my name is Ga Ga and Anna's name is Gu Gu", she proceeded to tell me that Mommy's name Gu Ga. I laughed and asked her "Well... what is Daddy's name then?" Without hesitation she said, "Daddy's name is Ga Gu". How silly is this girl and where in the world did she come up with these crazy nicknames for our family??? Ohhhh... the mind of a two year!
Another quick story... yesterday I was reading a book we've read a million times that has a cat in it and when I turned it to the page with the cat Claire said, "Ahhhh look at that kitty cat Mommy. I want a kitty cat to live in my house." She was VERY serious. I thought she would forget about it, but she has asked several times since then for a kitty cat. How would she know to ask for a pet? I explained that Daddy is deathly allergic to kitty cats and that if we got a cat that would make Daddy very sick. She said "Daddy be okay, he take mecine (medicine) and be all better! She cracks me up, that little girl!

3 comments:

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Great post! Those are so funny! What two year olds think, and SAY! I saw the video on your mom's phone. Caroline saw it too and called Claire that for about a day!

I love that you shared this. I know most people probably don't care about what kids say, but it's great to "write" it down. I think it was when we were in KY that this came up, and how it's my blog, that helps me remember the things the girls do. It's like our own "web" baby book! I know there have been many times I look back at it to remember something Caroline did and when she did it. I think it was Kristen who said I need to "write" down all of the words Caroline nicknamed and now says properly (MiMi=Mia). I'll have to do that soon before I forget.:) There aren't too many baby words any more. It's sad...they're growing up so fast!

Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sue said...

You have an EXTREMELY BRIGHT little girl there!!!! I saw that last weekend!!!!!!! How cute and sweet!!! And I do like to hear the cute things that my great great nieces and nephews say!!!!! It was so great getting to hang out with you guys last weekend!!!!! That is the best part of "kantucky days"!!

The Seekins Family said...

Oh, Michele, I love reading the funny things kids say! It is a great way to keep them in your mind. Noah and I just went back and watched videos and read some sayings on our blog. Hope you will post some more!