Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day '09

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to work Memorial Day at the hospital, but I didn't have to go in until 3pm. We had a late morning/early afternoon cookout with Grammy & Papa at our house and then went to the park. Even though I had to work, we still had a fun holiday together!!
It was time to break out the water table!! Last year Claire loved it, but Anna was just a baby so it was fun to see them playing TOGETHER! Soooo sweet!



Papa & Grammy sat with the girls at their picnic table for lunch! They loved it!

Nothing says summer like corn-on-the-cob and watermelon...



My girls do like to eat!!

Claire showing off her new pumping skill!


Off to the park! The girls thought it was so funny to sit in the stroller together!


The girls going down the slide!!


Sophie got to take a dip in the pond!

A mama duck and her MANY ducklings!


I loved seeing three families of geese! They had twenty babies between them! WOW!!


Claire doing her duck impersonation!!
Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little faces eating their corn-on-the-cob! The weather was just beautiful for our holiday weekend.

I do love the goslings! Ducks and geese are one of my favorite creatures. Did you ever read the book when you were a child....
"Make Way For Ducklings"? One of my best childhood stories and one I love to read to my students. ~ Barb

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

FUN! The warm weather just makes me want to be outside all the time!
I love the baby ducks and goslings too.

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Nothing like a good cookout for a holiday weekend!!! Very cute pics of the baby ducks and goslings!