Friday, April 20, 2007

Nine Months Old

On the Monday the 16th Claire turned 9 months old. I took her that day to the doctor for her well check and she is doing great. She is 19.8 pounds (75th percentile) and 29 inches long (90th percentile). She in the 85th percentile for head circumference. At her 6 month appt. she was 90th percentile across the board. Dr. Denen said babies usually start to thin down at this age because they are more active and he also said they start to trend towards their true genetic make-up. He said it looks like Claire is going to be long & lean! Let's hope!! He was also amazed that in her 9 months Claire has only been in to see him for her well checks. He commented on how that is extremely rare! We are so fortunate that she has been so healthy, even through the long winter. Please pray for her continued health! I can't believe she is NINE MONTHS old! She really is getting so big! She has such a sweet personality and giggles all the time, especially at her Daddy! Ben & I are so blessed with a beautiful, healthy little girl!
I had to give her some fruit puffs to keep her occupied during the quilt pics! Whenever she sees the puffs container she starts squealing and flapping her arms! It's so cute! She LOVES her puffs!


If you click onto this picture for a larger view, you can see Claire's two bottom teeth!








What a silly little goose! Isn't this smile contagious!?!?

8 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wow, Claire is growing SO FAST! She is, of course, adorable! She will soon pass her cousin Sam in the weight department!

OH! I saw the two teeth!!! How gorgeous! Watch out...before you can think, you will be having visits from the Tooth Fairy when those SAME two teeth fall out!

Anonymous said...

"Happy 9 month old Birthday, Claire". It doesn't seem possible. You were nine months in your mommy growing and now 9 months on the outside and even growing more! Love seeing your two teeth.
Big girl,now, chewing on cereal. You really have lots of hair too. I haven't seen you in person for so long; I must get to visit you. Barb

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Oh my goodness...Claire looks like such a big girl in these pictures! Where has the time already gone? I just love how her hair is coming in...it even looks like her eyes have a blue color to them now!

It's so neat that Claire is now in the same percentiles as Caroline...some definite similarities! I think it's so funny that the doctors call them long and lean...you wouldn't think 70th percentile would be considered lean, but I guess that's what the length will do for them!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Claire is getting....she just looks so grown up. And her hair has really begun coming in....I think it really is going to have a reddish coloring to it....don't you think? She is adorable and looks like she is keeping you guys very busy these days. Beckett just started crawling a couple of weeks ago so we are breaking out the gates this weekend around the house.

The Seekins Family said...

Wow! She is getting a big girl look! Her hair is getting really thick! These pictures are so cute!

The Fam said...

Happy 9 months Claire! You are looking adorable these days! Your coloring is gorgeous! We love your hair and I agree with Heather that your eyes do seem to have a bluish tone.

The Vachas said...

She is looking so cute and grown up in these pictures. Every month seems to get more and more fun but at the same time I wish that we could keep out babies from growing up.

The Abrahams said...

She is so cute and has such a funny personality!