Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Morning

I love the fact we are able to spend Christmas morning at home. We opened up our gifts and relaxed and let the girls play with their new toys before heading out that afternoon. It really worked out great! Ben & I had so much fun watching Claire & Anna open up their gifts from us and I definitely had a lot of fun shopping for them! I found an amazing deal on a wooden doll house for the girls. I've always wanted a wooden house for them. This is something I hope one of the girls will be able to pass down. It's really that nice! Claire squealed with delight when Ben carried out the doll house! It was priceless!!!This is one of my favorites of my girls on Christmas morning, in their matching Christmas jammies in front of the Christmas tree!

Sooooo excited!

Claire is really into games and loves the Candy Land Castle game!

Our budding photographer really likes her "kid tough" digital camera. Hopefully she will leave my camera alone now!

Claire loves children's classic books the best! Her favorite is anything Dick & Jane. She wanted to stop and read her new Dick & Jane book more than opening up her other gifts! Good girl!!


Helping Anna open up her gifts!


I'm pretty sure Claire was more excited about Anna's gifts than Anna was!


Claire "helping" some more!


Claire showing Anna her new Elmo toy!



"You like it, Anna?"


Anna likes it!!


Love that look of surprise!!


Oohhhh... a Curious George stuffed animal and book!


Unfortunately, George was welcomed with a headlock. Shortly later, Sophie got a hold of the poor guy and with surgical precision, she removed his left eye. It's rough at the Cutting's.


I think her smile says it all!


Such a neat house!! Ben was such a great Daddy to put it together!!
(Yes, that's Soph passed out on the couch. She was completely unphased by all the excitement!!)


The sweetest part of the day for me was watching Claire & Anna play together with their new doll house! It was all a mother could ask for on Christmas morning!

Ahhhhh... look at that! Could it be any cuter?

2 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

WONDERFUL photos! I love that doll house too...there is SO MUCH FUN to be had with a dollhouse!

Sophie is so cute snoozing on the sofa.

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Great Christmas pictures!!! It is so much fun to see Christmas through our children's eyes! We loved it too!