Monday, July 21, 2008

Claire's Birthday Dress

On Sunday, Claire wore her second birthday dress to church! She got lots of birthday wishes from our church members. She was proud to tell anyone who asked that she is "two"! She would say to me "pretty dress mommy" and twirl around in her dress. It was so sweet!! I asked her if she was a princess and she said "no mommy, I Claire". You forget how concrete their thoughts are at this age! I love it and I love this little girl!!

Claire insisted on playing with her birthday balloons when she woke up Sunday morning. She cried when I tried to take them away so I could take her pictures before church. To keep her from crying, I tied the balloons to her wrist and that made her very happy. I am so glad it worked out that way because I think the balloons look so cute in the pictures. I guess I can thank Claire's meltdown for that!!! She is definitely two!



I knew she would want to swing. Sometimes she gets grease on her from the swing so I was holding my breath that no grease would get on her dress. Thankfully we got off unscathed!









I just never knew how much I would fall in love with this sweet girl! It's such an intensely deep and amazing love. She makes me want to be a better person, a better mother... to live life to its fullest!

3 comments:

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Such a great sequence of pictures. Love all of Claire's adorable expressions!

Another "Happy Birthday" from us Claire! We love you, and are so happy you had such a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, beautiful pictures of the birthday girl! How precious Claire looks in her dress. The balloons just set the birthday mood with her dress. These are the moments to treasure. ~ Grammy Barb ~

The Seekins Family said...

Claire is so beautiful in her birthday dress! We are so sad we had to miss her party. Happy Birthday, Little Cupcake Claire!