Monday, July 14, 2008

A Girl's Best Friend!

A girl's best friend... no, not diamonds! Her dog of course!!! I just had to post some of these sweet pictures of Anna & Sophie together over the last couple months. Anna has become VERY aware of Sophie and tracks her when Sophie walks by or moves (usually though she is sound asleep on the couch!). Anna lights up when she sees Sophie and reaches for her. When she gets to touch Sophie she tries to eat her. Ben & I remember Claire doing the same thing at Anna's age. I guess at this age they really do try to put EVERYTHING in their mouth, including pets!! Sophie is so gentle and tolerant of her little sisters! We are fortunate to have a dog that is so good with our children!
Anna was pretty little when I took these pictures! You can see how sweet Sophie is with babies. You've gotta LOVE dogs!



Anna was just starting to notice Sophie here! Sophie was oblivious to Anna. She is sound asleep on the couch... her favorite past time!!




The next group of pictures were taken within the last week or so! Surprise, surprise...Sophie is on the couch! Anna gets so excited when she is close to Sophie!!


Anna is trying to take a bite out of Sophie! For all you germaphobes out there... RELAX! It is proven that children who are raised with animals are healthier and have less allergies than kids who do not have pets.







Sophie is giving Anna a kiss on her leg!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dogs, aren't they wonderful? Especially when they grow along with the children in the family. I feel it is a wonderful lesson in life for children to have their pet(pets) and then they see them age and slow down.
Of course, the end comes for each of our dear pets, but children learn a lot about life and death from their animals. Farm kids see this all the time. I'm reading a book called "Heaven" and it says we will have animals in heaven (which will really be here on a "new" earth). Just another wonderful thing to look forward to in eternity. ~ Barb

Anonymous said...

This is my P.S. comment:
The last 5 pictures of Anna and her expressions with Sophie are so cute and really precious. These would be cute in a long frame! Barb

Tami said...

These pics are so sweet of Anna and Sophie. I am sure she is going to be a big dog lover like her Mom and Dad. Gotta love dogs!

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

I just love all of these pictures! Of course Anna loves Sophie and dogs. She wouldn't be your daughter if she didn't! :) She loves dogs like all the other women in the family too! Very appropriate!

Sophie, too, is very cute in this post! She's such a sweet dog and great with the girls!

Maranda said...

I love these pictures! It is so sweet to see the kids and dogs together. I have a few pictures of my girls with my 4 legged girls that I absolutely love! Very cute!