Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Caterpillar

When we were playing outside a couple days ago, Claire found a bright yellow Caterpillar crawling on our patio. She is going through this phase where she is terrified of insects. I really mean terrified. She starts to shake and even sometimes cry when bugs get too close to her. I had an ant climb up my leg and I thought she was going to have a panic attack. It upset her so much. So needless to say, I was shocked when she showed interest in the caterpillar. She definitely kept her distance, but she didn't have a meltdown so hopefully we are making progress with her insect phobia!
We watched this thing for almost an hour!!

Pointing out the caterpillar to me!


Just in case I didn't see it the first time...


...or the second time!! She pointed to it the entire time!!

5 comments:

The Seekins Family said...

At least she is a girl with a bug phobia! We got Noah a bug catcher house and he was actually picking up a roly poly from under a rock the other day! I can't believe how long Claire's hair is! She is such a pretty little girl!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

First thing I thought was how LONG Claire's hair is...

Maybe the yellow caterpillar will be the beginning of her NOT being so scared of other creepy crawlies!

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids funny? They will surprise us all the time. Glad she had a real interest in the little caterpillar. :)
~ Grammy Barb ~

The Vachas said...

I didn't know Claire was afraid of bugs. I think you should have caught it and watch it turn into a butterfly. How could she not like bugs after watching that miracle happen?

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

I'm so happy Claire loved the caterpillar. I don't think she'll have a bug phobia too long. She loves so many of God's creatures that she'll get to a point that she won't mind bugs.